Saturday, July 26, 2008

Favorite Things





Does anyone else love this movie? I sure do. I remember sharing a room with my older sister, Tina, when we were little and every night before we fell asleep I made her sing "My Favorite Things" to me.


Watching my two little girls interact with each other is one of my favorite things to do. In watching them together I have come up with (what I think are) some of their favorite things:




  • sunshine mornings


  • snuggling together (in Mommy's and Daddy's bed...of course)


  • wearing one of Daddy's t-shirts for pajamas


  • (Natalie) singing songs to her little sister (just like Tina did for me)


  • (Rebecca) loving her big sister and thinking she is the funniest and greatest sister ever

I'm very new at this blogging stuff and can't seem to get the layout the way I want it (or the pictures in the right place or order) but I hope you get the general idea :). I thought this picture of the girls captured many of their favorites.



















11 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Yes! We love The Sound of Music too! Your girls are really cute! I love seeing my kids interact together. It's the best! Love you all.

Becca said...

We watched that movie today in fact. Those pictures are adorable.

Erka said...

Sisters are the best!
The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies ever!

Josephine said...

Definitely one of my top musicals. I hope Allegra gets a sister. Your girls will always be such good friends.

Shauna said...

Oh, I just love little girls, they are so sweet! I've been trying to get Brannon to watch the sound of music for forever!!! He's never seen it, can you imagine?!?!?!

Mandy said...

I love these cute pictures of your girls! Little Becca makes me want another one! It's so fun to see the older kids interact with the baby of the family. They'll be really close i bet.
Hey I wanted to tell you that you're it! I tag you. Check out my blog to see what to do.
Love ya!

Kailey said...

Hey Shellie! Welcome to the blogging world! I love your family picture!! Let me know when you are coming this way sometime. Maybe we can meet at the pool or the park!

Patty said...

I love the sound of music too. Thanks for reminding me think of the little things I forget sometimes.

Briana said...

Hi George and Shellie! I found your blog from a friends blog. How fun to see how your family has grown since we last saw you in Seattle! The same goes for us. Jason has long been in bed, but I'm sure he'll be excited to hear that you have a blog. Your children are beautiful. Keep in touch!

Claire Roach said...

It's about time for an update, dontcha think, Shellie? :) Your girls are adorable. I'm so glad that I get to see your baby girl since I moved when she was still a bun in the oven. Hope you're doing well and we miss you and your family!

Courtney said...

I love that movie too :)

my email is courticus80@gmail.com and I will send you my address so you can forward my package :) Thanks